Every season in Michigan is amazing, but summer has to be our favorite! There are just some activities that define summer in West Michigan, and we couldn’t go without them! Below are our 5 essential summer activities to experience in West Michigan!
- Beach Days-Nothing screams summer more than relaxing in the sand and taking a dip in beautiful Lake Michigan! Many of us wait all year for summer to come just to do this! We are so privileged to live so close to this amazing lake that thousands of tourists come to visit each year! Make sure to plan a beach day! Some of our favorite beaches include Grand Haven State Park, Holland State Park, Pentwater State Park, and Ludington Beach! Pere Marquette in Muskegon is also a great one to visit! Pack the cooler, grab some towels and toys, and enjoy the best of West Michigan summer!
- Festivals and Fairs-Almost every week or weekend during summer you can find a festival or fair happening! Go grab some of your favorite fair food, ride the rides, pet some animals, shop some booths, and just take time to enjoy these West Michigan staples! Some of the most popular fairs and festivals include Coast Guard Festival, Allegan County Fair, National Cherry Festival, Irish Music Festival in Muskegon, and so many more!
- Camping-The best summer memories are made at a campfire roasting s’mores or making tin foil packet dinners, getting dirty outside and taking time away from the busyness of life to do a little camping. Whether in a tent or RV, West Michigan abounds with every type of campground to choose from. West Michigan has some of the best settings for camping! Taking a few days in to enjoy camping is a must in West Michigan!
- Whitecaps Baseball-An American past time, baseball is a summer sport and a great family outing! The West Michigan Whitecaps have been a staple of summer activities for decades and continues to be a tradition for many West Michigan families. It always a fun time for the whole family!
- Visit Ice Cream Shops-Ice Cream for dinner? Sure! Ice cream is the best summer treat in our opinion! With what feels like an ice cream shop on every corner, many people have their traditional favorites that they HAVE to visit every summer and wait expectantly every year for their opening day! Some make their own ice cream, have their own special sundaes or treats, or are known for the most ice cream served for the price (we’re looking at you Norm’s). You’ll find lines outside of places like Captain Sundae, Whippi-Dip, Norm’s, Temptations, Jersey Junction, MOO-ville, Tippy Cow, House of Flavors, or Pump House. You know we love our ice cream when we have Hudsonville Ice Cream right in our back yard! Go enjoy a few cones and support local businesses this summer!
What are some of your favorite summer activities in West Michigan? We love exploring the area and supporting our local community!
Looking to move to Grand Rapids or the West Michigan area? We can help! We are West Michigan Real Estate experts! Contact us to start the home buying process!