It’s Spooky Season! October is the month of jack-o-lanterns, ghosts, witches, and getting a little scared! Grand Rapids has a bunch of fun Halloween-themed events that are great experiences! From trunk-or-treats, fall festivals, and haunted forests, here are some of the best spooky-themed events happening this month!
- Haunted Forest, Cannonsburg. The forest is about to become infested with zombies, monsters, and witches! Encounter the things of nightmares if you dare on the 1/2 mile walk through the Cannonsburg woods! Open every Friday and Saturday throughout the month of October. You can find dates, times, and ticket info here.
- Zoo-Goes-Boo! John Ball Zoo. This annual event is a family favorite! The zoo is getting a spooky makeover with decorations, twisted treats, and more! Villains will be invading the zoo every night, so watch out! There’s trick-or-treating, jugglers, magicians, and music! All the information you need to enjoy this event is here.
- GR Haunted Tours. Find out all about Grand Rapids’ haunted past on this tour! Scratch your ghost stories itch walking through the Downtown Refreshment Area, so there will be opportunities to enjoy drinks while hearing funny, spooky, and memorable stories. Get your tickets here for this one-night event.
- Hallowee-ones, Frederik Meijer Gardens. Great event for the whole family! Head over to Frederik Meijer Gardens on October 20 from 10am-12pm for a fun time for the kids in the Children’s garden. Bring wear your best costumes that relate to the garden to join in the theme!
- Pumpkin Prowl, Ada Village. Bring the family to Ada for a spook-tacular time! River St. will be closed off and filled with ghouls, ghosts, goblins, fairies, and superheroes as well as tons of trick-or-treating opportunities. There’s live music, a family-friendly movie, a haunted passage, and spooky surprises. All of the information is here.
There are lots of other fun events related to fall and Halloween happening this month. Our favorite resource to stay informed on events around town is Experience GR. The amount of events and experiences in Grand Rapids is one of our favorite parts about living here. If you’re looking to live somewhere that has small town vibes, with big city amenities, Grand Rapids is the place! We know the Grand Rapids real estate market inside and out and can help you find a home anywhere in the greater Grand Rapids area! Contact us to get started on your homebuying journey.