The weather is warming up, flowers are starting to bloom, and buds are forming on the trees. Now is a perfect time to get your lawn and the outside of your house ready for summer! These projects can help your house put it’s best foot forward this summer (and keep your house in tip-top shape for years to come!) Below are a few projects that can help you give your home curb appeal and create an outdoor space you can be proud of!
- Trim branches/bushes-It is a great time to get out and prune your trees and bushes. Not only does it make your landscape look cleaned up, it can also help your plants grow back better and could prevent damage from dead limbs. Make sure you know what plants you have and that your tools are in good condition before you start trimming!
- Fertilize your lawn-Spring is also a great time to give your lawn the best head start for summer! This is a simple thing to do and will help you have a green lawn that will be the envy of the neighbors.
- Clean up from winter-This will give your home some instant curb appeal! Clean up all those dead branches on the ground, rake up all the leaves, and blow off all the dirt from your driveway, sidewalks, and entry way! While you’re at it, get some mulch and spread it around to really make your landscape look polished!
- Clean out your gutters-Probably the least glamorous job, but this is a home maintenance task that could help prevent flooding in your home and will make your home look well taken care of!
- Give your home a facelift (power wash/paint)-The biggest facelift you can give your home is either a power wash or if you want to change the whole look, go for a repaint! Painting can make your home look less dated and really increase your curb appeal! If you aren’t going for new paint, a power wash can still give your home an updated look by getting rid of all the moss, mold, and other organic matter to brighten up the exterior of your home. Bonus, a power wash can also help your siding, shingles, brick, and cement last longer by getting rid of what is growing on it.
A well maintained yard and exterior of your house create great curb appeal, but also gives you a beautiful space to enjoy during the summer! Doing some prep in the spring as the weather starts warming up, can help you create the outside space that you’ll want to spend every minute in during the summer and make your home yours.
Need a pro to help you with your landscaping? We have a preferred landscaper that does amazing work! Check out Emerald Landscapes to help you make your outdoor living dreams a reality!
Looking for a new home or to sell your current one? We can help! Contact us to get started on your home buying journey today!